Join Karin in this fun-filled class and get those creative juices flowing! We will be painting indoors and outside on site (weather permitting).
You will be inspired with practical information, fun exercises and many creative tips on how to paint any place, at any time!
Students will be using watercolours, pencil, ink and an assortment of other interesting mark making/drawing tools, all the while exploring myriad ideas for painting on the go.
You will be supplied with a viewfinder and one full sheet of premium precut watercolour paper cut into a variety of sizes. These are easy to transport, work on and can also be mailed!
*NOTE: $5.00 supply fee payable at the first class.
See more at: http://www.sorrento-centre.bc.ca/2016-0710c-watercolour-on-the-go.html
You will be supplied with:
- Paper: premium 140 lb cold press watercolour paper. This will be pre-cut for you into a size is easy to play on, transport and mail!
You will need to bring:
- Backpack, basket, box or bag …something that you can put all of your supplies in and easily carry to and fro. I use a backpack that folds into a small chair!
- Folding chair that is easy to carry.
- Paint: I use a folding palette or travelling palette…………with a selection of my favourite colours squeezed out and dried. Easy to work outdoors with this. Small is good. There are many really good travelling palettes available that already have paint in them. (Sakura Koi brand has a travel palette that includes a waterbrush – if you want to check that out)
- Optional: Watercolour Pencil crayons
- .05 pigment liner
- Black, waterproof, lightfast (staedler or micron pigma are good)
- Sharpie has also come out with a line of fine tipped markers – they work fine and are very reasonable in price
- Small sketch book or notebook
- Pencil and eraser
- Small ruler or straight edge
- Elegant writer (water soluble calligraphy pen)
- Black glaze pen
- White glaze pen
- Water brush (size small)
- 1/2″ and/or 3/4″ inch masking tape
- Firm lightweight board to paint on
- A small clipboard works great
- Big enough to hold a 5 x 7 piece of paper plus some room
- Small plastic, portable water container
- I use a collapsible one. small metal palette knife with diamond shape head
- small mat – something you can get at the dollar store – with about 5 X 7 opening to view your work.
- small water spritzer bottle
- paper towels and/or tissue or tp!
- outdoor and personal stuff
- Bug spray
- Hat or visor
- Water to drink, gum, lotion, etc….
- Please dress in layers.
- We will be outside for at least part of the day, unless mama nature really wants us inside.