Try the Circle of Desire – A Personal Mandala
TRY some Intuitive Art making! Go ahead!…I encourage you to try this simple exercise. It’s easy, introspective, rewarding ……
1. On ordinary paper draw out a circle with a compass or trace around a plate or something else round.
2. With pen or pencil begin by writing the words “I want…” and then write down something you want. For example: “I want more time to make art.” Best leave your wants to positive things!
3. Turn the page in another direction and continue writing down all things your heart desires. Yes… overlap your writing!
4. Yes, it’s ok to go over the lines
5. YES! it’s almost mandatory to be messy!
6. Yes – vary your writing – big, small and everything in-between
7. Change your writing tool if you like
8. When you feel like you are done, get out some pencil crayons, markers – whatever is handy and start colouring in – now you are designing with colour and value! Fun – eh?
9. Play with some of the lines – darken, thicken, embellish.
10. Work intuitively
11. Try it again sometime on watercolour paper and use paint – see what you can come up with!!
12. Now try it with a different theme: ” I am grateful for…..” Or write out a prayer – heartfelt reverence! for you, someone you love, or someone you don’t care much about right now…..perhaps a prayer for the world.
13. Send me a note and let me know what you think!
14. Share this with your friends
*From Karin’s “Magic of the Mandala” class.